2019-2020 Tuition Reimbursement Checklist
To be consider as a potential candidate for Tuition Reimbursement you must be:
· A full-time employee.
· Willing to sign an agreement to stay with the City of Memphis 2 years after receiving Tuition Reimbursement. (See PM 58-03 Tuition Reimbursement)
To get accepted for Tuition Reimbursement you must complete these things:
· Tuition Reimbursement Application (Due 10 days before the start of classes)
· Goals and Objects Forms
· Curriculum (List of classes required for diploma, degree, certification or credentials)
· University or Intuition must be listed (See PM 58-03 Tuition Reimbursement)
Reimbursement will only be considered for courses that are successfully completed with a grade of “C” or better for undergraduate courses or with a grade of “B” or better for graduate-level courses.
To receive a full refund for the class, you must provide:
· Grades (Due no later than 30 days form the end of classes)
· Receipts (The Tuition Reimbursement will not duplicate other financial aid programs Pell Grants)
When and How can I expect my Refund?
Reimbursements due to the employee will be processed within 30 days of receipt of all documentation (grades and receipts).
2019-2020 Tuition Reimbursement Application
The City of Memphis Government established a Tuition Reimbursement Program to assist City employees with the cost of college tuition. This policy is applicable to any regular, full-time City of Memphis employee.
The following application must be approved by the employee’s Division Director at least ten (10) business days prior to the first day of class. Employees must notify the Human Resources Division – Total Rewards – Wellness office in writing within ten (10) business days after the first day of class if there is a change or withdrawal from a course which has already been approved.
Approval of Reimbursement - 2 Stages: Initial Approval and Final Reimbursement
Each eligible employee is granted a maximum amount of money for tuition and books per fiscal year as outlined in the Tuition Reimbursement Policy PM-58-03. Reimbursement will be made only if all items are received and the course is completed successfully as outlined in the Tuition Reimbursement Policy. All reimbursement requests must be submitted within 30 days of the final day of class.
Items required for Initial Approval
2. Complete application with final approval from HR
3. Signed Repayment Agreement
Items required for Final Reimbursement
1. Official copy of grade report
2. Original paid receipts for tuition/books